Saturday, March 15, 2008

Bottle top pincushion


I saw these cute pincushions on a blog somewhere in blog land and thought it was a cute idea. They are made from a soda bottle top as the base. I suppose you could use any lid that you wish. The possibilities are unlimited and you are recycling at the same time! I made one tonight while watching "Big Business" with Bette Midler and Lily Tomlin. (It's an old movie that Dennis really likes watching.) Back to the pincushion, I think I will make several of these for gifts. They are easy to make and cute! They will make cute Christmas gifts for my stitching/sewing friends.

1 comment:

  1. If you want to expand on this idea Susan, you can make bottle top pincushions with elastic rings on them so you can wear them on your finger while you do hand sewing. Just a poke two holes through the bottle top before you make the pincushion, and add a loop of elastic to fit your finger. Then make the pincushion however you like. I used to sell these at craft fairs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!