Saturday, October 31, 2009

Fall crafts

Better Homes & Gardens hasthe prettiest things on their site. I love the picture above. That would be so simple to make. I am thinking instead of "Welcome" that maybe "Thankful" might be just as nice. I really would like to make a picture like this.

Look at these cornucopia balls! I love, love, love them. I am going to make some next week. You spray paint the Styrofoam balls with black paint and then glue on the beans. I am going to get the boys to help me. I know they will love that!

I love this simple centerpiece. So nice.


How easy is this? Candle holders with paper decoupaged on the back. So simple and so nice. I think this would be nice to do for each holiday season. So many ideas, so little time!

5 comments:

  1. Be careful spray painting the balls. I remember my dad spraypainting styrofoam balls for me when I had to make a model of the solar system. Pluto disintigrated into wrinkley oversized prune. And it was 1988 - I needed Pluto gosh darn it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture looks simple enough to make. I love the balls, what a cute idea. Looks like you have some fun planned.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these ideas! So simple, yet very elegant. I have to try those cornucopia balls!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is one of the things I love about autumn...the natural things we use when we decorate. The bean balls look like they will be lots of fun to make. Will you share a photo with us when you do them?

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Susan,
    I've been wanting to make those balls forever *smiles* but I can't seem to get anything done lately. I sure hope you have much better luck than me. Post them when you do them so we can all see! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!