Sunday, January 10, 2010

Prepare the Way



A voice cries out:
In the desert prepare the way of the LORD!
Make straight in the wasteland a highway for our God!
Every valley shall be filled in,
every mountain and hill shall be made low;
the rugged land shall be made a plain,
the rough country, a broad valley.Then the glory of the LORD shall be revealed,
and all people shall see it together;
for the mouth of the LORD has spoken.

Isaiah 40: 3-5

No matter how hard we try to make straight the way for God in our lives, we all end up going sideways, up and down, and many times off path. I love this passage from Isaiah (which is one of my favorite books in the Bible) because it give us the promise of things to come. Life is rarely a straight path. All we can do is keep the course and work our way through faith to the final destination. Prayer is needed for all of us. We need to ask for prayer, pray every day, and pray for others, especially those in need.





4 comments:

  1. That's such a lovely crooked path, and I'd like to travel in nonetheless! You are right Susan, I need to live in a warm tropical climate where I can have flowers year round. When I can't garden in the winter, I just load my house with more and more houseplants and flowering things. Hopeless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to let you know a stranger wandered in and enjoyed several pages of your blog. Thanks especially for the posting of Isaiah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Susan. I have PIF gift ready to be posted to your house!! I think I have about 2 weeks until it's been 12 months since I promised to Pay It Forward!! Would you mind emailling me your address please... I do have it somewhere... but figured that I'd need to double check it anyways. Thank you! :) farmyardcrafts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan - where've you been? You left me a couple of very nice words, and BAM! I as thinking about you and wanted to say, "HEY!".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!