Monday, April 8, 2013

Pinned It, Made it!

I stumbled across a party that features things that you pinned and then made.  I thought that was a wonderful idea!  

My entry is one that I have been making for the past year - Grandmother's Favorite Dishcloth.  I love knitting these dishcloths because they are quick and easy - a perfect craft for watching TV, sitting at the doctor's office, riding in the car, waiting on the boys, etc.... 

I also love to wash dishes with these.  They are divine to use as dishcloths!  Once you have used these to wash dishes, everything else does not compare.

I like to give these away to people.  They can be used as dishcloths, washcloths, potholders, spa cloths, etc...  They are very versatile.

The picture above was what I gave my boys' school teachers the last day of school last year. 

Here's the original Pinterest, along with the instructions:
Source
Here's a stack of mine!


Here's the link to the party:



Also linking to:
Source


8 comments:

  1. Love your dish clothes, very pretty colors! I need to get back to making them.

    Thanks for the kind comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan,

    These are great! I was just telling my daughter that I needed to begin a new crocheting project...something for any season....and this is what I need to do. Love that they make great gifts! I like the way you packaged yours for gift giving. :) I wondered how good they were for using so glad to hear that they do well. I'm checking out how they're done.

    Thanks so much for participating in Pinned it Made it Monday.

    I'm also your newest follower. :)

    Have a great week!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just noticed these are knitted (a craft I haven't learned yet)....I need to find a good pattern for crocheting some.

    Love the way yours look! Knitting involving more than one needle intimidates me! lol!

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had two of these from you and love mine! I use them all the time. They are a great gift with the pretty heart soap.

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right...once you use a hand knitted or crocheted dish cloth nothing else will do. I make them often for gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. knitting these is hard for me, mine turned out so crooked, but it made us smile. LOL! I have much better luck crocheting. I love yours and love your way of displaying them with the soap and raffia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! I love your dish cloths! I can't knit to save my life so I usually purchase them at craft fairs. Lovely work. Thanks for commenting on my blog.
    ~Christina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty colours.I bet the teachers loved those presents. I know I would have!
    Chris
    Yes I am a retired teacher!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!