Saturday, November 29, 2008

Doll Quilt


I am finished with my doll quilt that I made for my friend's little girl for Christmas. I am very pleased with how it turned out. I finished quilting it early this morning and then washed and dried it. I wanted to see how it would look after being laundered. I am very pleased with the end result. This quilt was made from left over Moda Jelly Rolls and some of my own stash. I know one little girl who will be thrilled with her new doll bed. I also made the mattress, sheets, pillow and pillowcase. I thought about crocheting a throw but don't know if I will get that done or not. Thanks for looking!!

2 comments:

  1. Susan, this quilt is so sweet! I love your fabric choices and the 4 post bed is too cute.

    I had a doll bed when I was child, made by a neighbor from a fruit crate. My grandmother made 2 quilts for it.

    I think this will be a very special and memorable gift for the girl that is getting it.

    what do D and N think about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. D and N would love to have a bed and quilt like this for their own. They love playing house and playing with my dolls. Of course, sometimes the dolls are used for airborne missals but that's a different story....
    Thanks Rhonda!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!