Sunday, January 4, 2009

First 2009 Christmas Ornament


One of my many goals for Christmas, is to finish at least one ornament a month! Such a lofty goal for me. I had the same goal last year but didn't make the goal. I finished stitching this little ornament on Friday, reworked it on Saturday, and finished it on Sunday. It was a free pattern from Tanya At The Honeysuckle Tree. The original pattern called for a little crown instead of the bell. I stitched that in but since I didn't have the right color of gold, I didn't care for it very much. So, I tore the stitching out and put the bell in instead. I like the bell. Then, I made it into a pin keep. (I really liked the pin keeps I see on the web.) However, I didn't like the pin keep that I made so I tore that apart too! Then, I just made it into a little stuffed ornament for the tree. I really do like how it turned out! To be such a tiny ornament, I spent 3 days getting it to its finished state. Now, on to the next one!!

1 comment:

  1. Susan, your needle is smokin'! :o) Not only two new projects stitched, but finished, too! Your ornament is very sweet. I look forward to seeing a new one each month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!