Monday, August 26, 2013

Monday Menu Planning



Monday - tonight we had nachos and tacos.  Taco meat, onions, tomatoes, salsa, cheese, and sour cream - yummy!  The boys prefer tacos but Dennis and I like nachos.  This is an easy meal to fix.  I had cooked hamburger a few days ago and this was a good meal to use the meat.

Tuesday - sliced turkey, rice, gravy, turnip greens, chocolate chip cookies

Wednesday - tomato, beef, and macaroni soup.  This is pure comfort food to me.  I might even throw caution to the wind and cook some cornbread muffins as well!  Did I mention this is a fairly inexpensive meal?

Thursday - ham steak, biscuits, peas, macaroni and cheese, and brownies (if I get them made!)

Friday - ahh, our day for no-meat meal.  I think we will have egg salad sandwiches or grilled cheese sandwiches.  I think sandwiches would be a good thing on a Friday night after a long week.

Saturday - this is my favorite day since I clean out the fridge and we eat all the leftovers!  Nothing wrong with that at all.  It's a good thing!  Now, if there are no left-overs, then I have problems.  I am thinking hamburgers will be a good back-up.

Sunday - the boys like to have pizza on Sundays.  I think I am more in the mood for something else - like BBQ chicken.


 What are you having?

1 comment:

  1. That sounds good and inexpensive, many of us are having to consider that factor, aren't we. But the difficult thing is to make sure we get enough nutrition through our less expensive meals.
    I haven't been here for ages, but I am today and glad for it!
    Hope your Sunday is going well. Do you attend church on Sunday? Just curious.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!