Wednesday, July 28, 2010

That's not the short of it!

































I had cut out the boys four pair of shorts to make, including the ones shown above. When I was sewing these up, I thought they looked a little short in the crotch. Sure enough, they are really short in the crotch. Deniska assured me they were fine but I know better. I think he can probably wear them for a little while but not for long. I like this material. It's a nice seersucker and I expect it to be really comfortable to wear.

Fortunately, I had not sewn the others up so I was able to cut them out a little more. I was using a new pattern and found that it not true to size. Sometime, well most of the time, it's good to make one of something before doing all the others, if you are using a new pattern. I really didn't need a pattern for the shorts but every now and then, I like to use one. I hope to get the others made today. That will not happen if I don't get off the computer!




****Several hours later....another pair of shorts completed!!****



































4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new "blog-look"!!!
    You work so fast! I'll bet he liked the car design even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I would never have thought of making shorts like these. You are very clever. Glad you caught in time that you needed to change the pattern.
    I love your Ipod cover too. You are really into sewing right now.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's beautyfull!


    http://leukideee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!