Saturday, May 9, 2009

Whar Kind of House are You?

My friend Terri has a quiz link on her blog. Just answer the 10 multiple choice questions at HGTV's FrontDoor and it will tell you what kind of house personality you are.

Terri says her type is a refined Victorian. Mine said I am solid as a Ranch house! Simple and suburban by nature, you exude a cozy warmth that lets people know you don't mind if they leave their shoes on in the house -- it's only carpet, after all! Family and friends are important to you, and you love having them stop by. While not overly fussy or vain, you care about your looks -- but honestly, you're happiest in sweatpants. To you, life isn't measured in the goods you've acquired, but in time well spent.


Well, there you go! All this time, I did not realize I was a Ranch House. I would have thought I would have been something more country or Victorian. I even took the quiz twice and came up with the same answer. How sad is that?!
So, I Goggled Ranch houses and this is what I found:

Ranch house plans tend to be simple in design. Aside from shutters and porch roof supports, ranch homes lack much decorative detailing on the exterior. Windows are large, and sliding doors open to a patio or deck.

Hmm, guess I am a ranch house - simple, not much decorative detailing, and the door is always open! Go take the quiz and let me know what house you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment!