Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sticking my neck out....

 Sticking my neck out....for a new lanyard, of course!!!

At my school, we wear lanyards with our ID or classroom keys attached.  I saw this Vera Bradley lanyard on Amazon for $17.99!  All the prices were from $14.95-$19.99.  That's way too expensive for my budget.  But,  I like that they are unique and made from cloth.

 So, to the sewing machine I headed!  

These are mine.


The best part is that were practically free.  I already had everything on hand.  I cut the material 2.5" in a 44" strip.  Then I folded them, ironed, sewed them, and then sewed on the hardware!  
Easy, easy, easy!!


Now, I have one for every month or I can give them to my co-workers if they want one!  Looks like I might need to find some darker or winter colors!  :) 

 So, what do you think?

I am linking this to Heidi's Make Do and Mend.  I love when I can make something new and save money!  It's a good thing!



5 comments:

  1. These are super cute, Susan. If you got really crazy you could make them to match your work clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, those are great! every bit was nice as the Amazon/Designer. I foresee all your coworkers wanting one.

    How nice you were able to make them items you already have, love it when that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Would it be necessary to make some in winter colors? I like the bright ones - easier to find - and who doesn't need a bright spot of color in a drab colored winter? The only difference I see between yours and Vera Bradley's is that it looks like hers is folded one more time and then stitched on each side, maybe with twin needles? I guess it would end up sort of like a belt loop on jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so pretty as well as functional Susan! I have been saving the clips Jos used to get at conventions to make scissor cords like this. I have still never made them. These inspire me to look for the clips again...

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. So clever and so pretty. Your fabrics are so cheerful.

    Andrea from Calif

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment!